Hello and welcome - I am researcher, scientist, entrepreneur, and mentor. In August 2021, I was selected as part of the inaugural cohort of the National Science Foundation CSGrad4US Fellowship, in preparation for graduate research in computer and information sciences. I’m currently prospecting labs where I could pursue my graduate studies at the intersection of computation and cognitive studies, please contact me! I graduated in 2019 from the University at Albany, SUNY with a BSc in Informatics. Currently, I am an Assistant Scientist and Lab Manager at Orthogonal Research and Education Lab (OREL) under Director of Science Bradly Alicea; former Direct of Strategic Initiatives at the AI research group StateOfTheArt.AI, and a Project Information Manager and information architect at a major HealthTech company.
Current research focus: metacognition and embodied intelligence. Outside of my research interests, I am developing a mentorship program around being a researcher within the unique arena of the challenges of the 21st century. Looking forward to some major collaborations in 2022!
Research & Academic News
- 01-05 Establishment of partnership of Orthogonal Research and Education Lab, Cognition Futures, and Plot Twisters for research on Cognitive Science, Metacognition and Social Cognition, affordances, and innovation in mentorship for researchers.
- 12-01 Successfullly completed the Group Cohort and 1 on 1 Mentoring component of the GSGrad4US Fellowship
- 11-04 Three talks accepted at Neuromatch 2021 in collaboration with Orthogonal Research and Educational Lab.
- 09-27 Representing OREL at UAlbany’s CURCE Hybrid Fall Fair - internships available now through Spring ‘22!
- 09-13 Co-author on OREL’s presentation on Gibsonian Information at Brain-Inspired Cognitive Architecture (BICA) workshop at IS4SI 2021.
- 08-17 Selected for the 2021 NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Graduate Fellowships (CSGrad4US) program.
- 07-28 Organized & Co-Hosted CogSci 2021 Discussion Group: Trajectories in Cognitives Science
- 06-01 Joined StateOfTheArt AI as Director of Strategic Initiatives
- 05-17 Awarded Research Grant via Effective Altruism Learning and Research (Artificial Intelligence)
- 05-15 ACM CHI 2021 Workshop on Emergent Interaction: “Allostasis Machines: a model for understanding internal states and technological environments”
- 05-01 Accepted at Cultural Evolution Society Conference 2021: “Charting the Future of Academic Fields with Cultural Evolutionary Trajectories”
- 04-10 Princeton Envision: Research Presentation “Cognition Futures & FrontierMap”
- 04-09 ACM’s New York Celebration of Women in Computing 2021: AI Ethics (Research Presentation); Male Allies breakout session (Moderator); Thinking About Gradschool (Panelist)
- 03-24 International Workshop on Embodied Intelligence: Workshop Flash Talk and Interview for IEEE Embodied Intelligence podcast
- 03-21 “Periodicity in the Embryo” accepted for publication in Biosystems 204 in June
- 12-11 Moderating “Observer-Dependent Models” (B. Alicea) talk at Philosopher’s Web Café
- 12-06 Attending & Volunteering at NeurIPS 2020; attended MAIN2020
- 10-29 Speaker at Alumni Panel for Undergraduate Research at UAlbany and featured in CURCE Newsletter
- 10-01 Greenlight to lead “Cognition Futures” research team within OREL
- 08-11 Attended MIT’s Center for Brains, Minds, and Machines Summer Course 2020
- 07-31 Completed Neuromatch Academy 2020 - Summer School (Intensive Track)
- 07-15 Starting as Lab Manager for Orthogonal Research & Education Lab!